Circle Hosted by NACRJ-October
Community and restorative justice continues to grow and expand across the U.S. and world. With that growth comes increased opportunities for trainings, conferences, and events to deepen one’s relationship with these practices. In our commitment to continual learning, practice, and facilitating connections, we offer this calendar as a go to place to share and find community and restorative justice events.
Please note: This calendar is intended to serve as a resource, and entries do not constitute an endorsement by NACRJ. We encourage individuals to independently evaluate the suitability of each event for their specific needs and preferences.
To submit an event, please click the "+" button to the right. Please allow 2-3 days for your submission to appear on the calendar. You will be notified by email when your event is posted.
Circle Hosted by NACRJ-October
Tuesday, October 10, 2023 (11:00 AM - 12:30 PM) (CDT)
The October 10th circle has reached capacity. If you wish to be placed on a waitlist for potential openings due to cancellations, please click here. Alternatively, we plan to host these circles on a monthly basis, and we look forward to seeing you at a future session.
NACRJ Executive Director Joel Friesz hosts virtual Circles to 1) provide a space where NACRJ members and broader community can come together to connect with one another and 2) hear directly from NACRJ members and broader community on how NACRJ can be of service to them. Above all else, these Circles are simply a time for people to step away from the busyness of life and practice Circle with one another. All are welcome.
Message from NACRJ Executive Director Joel Friesz:
I experienced my first circle in 2008 and have been an avid student and advocate of the process ever since. Prior to the COVID pandemic, I would not have envisioned the elements of Circle could be effective via video (i.e., a virtual space). However, over the past several years I’ve learned many elements of Circle are indeed effective via video. With NACRJ being a national organization with wide geographic reach of members, I am utilizing Zoom as a means to create a space where both myself and others can come together in a circle. I value opportunities to co-facilitate circle with others; if you are interested in joining me as a co-facilitator for one of these upcoming circles, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be in touch with you.
- Circles are limited to 8-10 attendees with the hopes of having time for 3-4 go arounds. Please note: This is not a presentation or webinar. Rather, it is a circle dialogue in which all attendees will be invited to participate in the discussion.
- Due to the limited # of attendees, we ask that you sign up only if you are certain you can attend. Additionally, if you sign up and need to cancel, we ask that you email email@example.com as soon as possible to allow space for others to join.
- There isn’t a specific topic for the circle; the go-arounds are geared mostly towards doing a check in/introduction, sharing values, and sharing our interests in restorative justice.
- If at all possible, it is helpful if attendees can be on video in a quiet space during the circle. We know that is not always possible and we first and foremost welcome people in whichever way they are able to show up. Having your video on isn't mandatory but can be helpful when in circle as we practice listening, holding space, and being present for one another.
- In addition to NACRJ members, this circle is open to anyone looking to connect and engage on the topic of community and restorative justice.
- Students & youth aged 17 and under must attend with parent/guardian or obtain parental consent to participate.
A Zoom link will be emailed to you upon registering.
Free of Charge